Market Power

Musings by an academic economist on the power of markets and the power over markets.

Monday, November 15, 2004

Eerie Sunday Drive

I took my two boys out for a drive yesterday over the noon hour. Alex wanted to go to the apple orchard up in Belle Plain to get some caramel apples. It was a nice day and the trip would give us a chance to get out and about.

Instead of taking the main drag, we went up back roads on the east side of the Minnesota River and went towards the town of Kasota. We stopped to watch a train rumble by, and proceeded towards Kasota, a small town about 8 miles north of Mankato. As we approached the town, I saw two police cruisers parked on the side of the road near the park where I sometimes take my kids to play. They had a large area marked off with yellow tape, so I thought there was some sort of official thing going on, but wasn't sure what.

Then I saw the body. I shit you not. Here's a Minneapolis Star-Tribune story about what I saw (free subscription needed).

Some ladies had found the body of a middle-aged woman lying face down near the park. At this time, police suspect foul play.

|