Market Power

Musings by an academic economist on the power of markets and the power over markets.

Monday, January 31, 2005

Rick Reilly on Flying

Here is a funny article by Rick Reilly of CNN-SI about flying in a fighter jet. Here's a quote.

Biff was to fly me in an F-14D Tomcat, a ridiculously powerful $60 million weapon with nearly as much thrust as weight, not unlike Colin Montgomerie. I was worried about getting airsick, so the night before the flight I asked Biff if there was something I should eat the next morning.

"Bananas," he said.

"For the potassium?" I asked.

"No," Biff said, "because they taste about the same coming up as they do going down."

I know how he feels, getting all airsick etc. That's how I feel when I watch Discovery Wings! Don't ask me how I feel when I get on a giant flying tube!

Thanks to Todd for the pointer.

|