Market Power

Musings by an academic economist on the power of markets and the power over markets.

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Beer Snob

The Econoclast made me do it! I took the liquor test. Here's how I rated:

Vodka
Congratulations! You're 100 proof, with specific scores in beer (140) , wine (66), and liquor (52).

All right...you're getting into the harder stuff. A good martini, a Mai Tai or straight shots of hard liquor is what you're into.
Um, no. Give me me tired, your poor, your pale ales, barleywines, imperial stouts, IPA's, scotch ales, rye ales, licorice stouts, milk stouts, oatmeal stouts, pumpkin ales, Bocks, pilsners, and steam beers. Hell, give me your Grain Belt! I am a beer drinker!
My test tracked 4 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:
You scored higher than 13% on proof
You scored higher than 98% on beer index
You scored higher than 86% on wine index
You scored higher than 85% on liquor index
I rarely drink liquor. I like a wine now and then. But dadgummit, beer is my adult beverage of choice. Currently, I have this, this, this, this, this, and this in my basement. The best brewpub I've ever been to is this one.

|