Market Power

Musings by an academic economist on the power of markets and the power over markets.

Friday, October 29, 2004

My Favorite IPA

I am a beer snob. I call myself a homebrewer although I haven't brewed since helping two friends brew a stout over two years ago.

The India Pale Ale style of beer was originally brewed in colonial England for British troops in India. Someone figured out that by upping the alcohol content and upping the use of hops, the beer would be preserved during the trip.

My favorite beer, not just my favorite IPA, is an India Pale Ale made by Avery Brewery in Boulder, Co. It is light and very refreshing, and it has an excellent hoppy aftertaste, as any IPA should. Unfortunately, I can't get it in the Mankato area.

If you can get it and you like IPA's, I think you'll like this beer.

|