Market Power

Musings by an academic economist on the power of markets and the power over markets.

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Lost In Translation

Dadgummit. I can't stop blogging even though I said it would be a light week. I never said I was George Washington!

Here is an article from Der Spiegel on the landing of the Huygens probe on the surface of Saturn's cloud-shrouded moon, Titan. Here is the translated version from Google's translation service.
Anyways, things got a little fuzzy in translation. I like this passage from the translation:

The European landing equipment "Huygens", which was seven years long on board the NASA probe "Cassini" to the Saturn on the way, penetrated the close cloud cover of titanium and transmitted a data set to the earth, on whose evaluation the scientists will presumably work years.
Far out and groovy, baby. Data sets from heaven! This reads like it came from the bible. Call me when the data set is completely perpared and ready to use - in Stata.

|