Market Power

Musings by an academic economist on the power of markets and the power over markets.

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Rockin' Mommies

You can keep your Desperate Housewives. With two small durables, it's hard for my better 3/4ths to watch much else other than Clifford, Thomas the Tank Engine, etc. But I can always sneak away to listen to a little agressive music.

In college, I played guitar in a garage band called "Paralyzed", named after an old Ted Nugent song. I still play guitar. I'm also a father. So I can sympathize in more ways than one with these ladies: Housewives on Prozac and Frump. There's another all-mommy band named Placenta. One word: Ewwwww.

Here's an article from Yahoo! about the mommy rock-band genre.

I wonder if I could get a band together with a bunch of experienced academic economists. We could "sing" about graduate school, the tenure process, journal referees (being one and being disected by one), and homothetic utility functions.

|