Market Power

Musings by an academic economist on the power of markets and the power over markets.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Cats and Slot Car Tracks

Rob Rybarczyk has this piece from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch about cats and slot car tracks. Rob has a fat cat named Frisco who isn't the most active cat, but he likes slot cars:

From seemingly out of nowhere, as I gleefully watched my little car fly through the turns, Frisco leaped directly onto the first turn. He didn’t flinch as the two cars whunked into his considerable girth and flew off the track. He zeroed in on the purple car, pawed at it once, then leaned down and began gnawing on it.
My cat enjoys knocking over the Ho scale train my durables and I run under the Christmas tree every year. Maybe I should give Sam some extra exercise by getting a slot car track. But my better 3/4ths wouldn't agree - I'm sure.

|